Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Foam is in the house !!!

There is a large construction site near my job. So, one day, going home from work, I saw some floor and roof insulation material laying around. This material is over here known as IZO-FLOOR. Its harder than regular white styrofoam and somewhat heavier but not much. So, I talked to a guy on site and he agreed that I can take those pieces with me. And I did.

Pieces are 8cm, 5cm, and 1 cm thick. I think they will be great for fuselages and more.
They didn't have nothing thinner, so I went to a hardware store and bought a pack of 3mm and 6mm thick foam, 5 and 10 euro each.

I think I'm on the right path here.
I still have to figure out a source of wood. Balsa is not existent, so I'll be using poplar, birch and lime tree.
Naturally, I dont have a band saw ir circular saw to cut wood, so I'll have to make one :).
A small lathe will be required also, but.... Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment