Sunday, September 6, 2009

Still working and trying to dodge high costs

Well, I said once that I'll not brake another CD-ROM for motor but,... :)
I found out that there are TWO VERY STRONG MAGNETS IN EVERY OPTICAL ASSEMBLY!!
I didn't knew that before! Why, oh why!? I tossed at least 30 of them into garbage, and then went online to order some ?!?!
So I tore some more CDROMs and got to another problem (meybe you guessed it?) ... magnets are not the same! Every drive had different magnets. But, I got my hands on some LG 52X CDROMS and some HP/Compaq's so I have a small collection of those.
Anyway, my first DIY motor will be with stock magnet (the gray, strong, one) and stock winding.
And I'll run some tests and benchmarks before I put it into my model.

My order at an online shop is returned to sender. They say I never claimed a package?!
I didn't get any notice on it. But I'll order it again and try to monitor its path.

Kfm3 wings for my BluBaby are done, so are Clark foil one. Pictures will be up very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment